Do you want to know how to get rid of leg cramps? You are most likely to experience a cramp because you have put your body and specially your leg through a lot of strain. Activities can include excessive standing, long walks or jogging.
Cramps are basically painful sensations in your muscles due to contraction or over-shortening. When you strain yourself so much, you sweat and with that, you lose a lot of essential fluids, mainly sodium and potassium. The lack of these essential salts forces the body into producing lactic acid within the muscles, finally leading to cramps.
The weird part comes when you feel these cramps while resting. These kinds of cramps are called Nocturnal leg cramps. These are also the results of lack of essential fluids, not due to sweating but due to prolonged resting. What happens here is that when you have been in the same posture for a very prolonged period the blood fails to reach a few points which have been blocked due to your body weight and failing to provide those muscles with the minerals like potassium, sodium, magnesium and calcium.
Stop Leg Cramps Fast
Cramps are very painful and disturbing, distracting you from whatever you were doing. So you need ways to get rid of these instantaneously. All you need to do is to follow these simple tips on how to get rid of leg cramps.
1. First thing that you need to do is to provide the problem areas with the essential salts that it needs. For this, you can try drinking water, milk or some supplements that can provide you with the required minerals.
2. Next you need to increase the flow of blood to these parts as soon as possible. For this you can use natural products such as menthol, phosphorous and Lachesis Mutus. These help to increase flow of blood. Menthol increases circulation of blood to this part, phosphorous helps in bringing regularity to your heartbeat, and Lachesis Mutus helps in thinning the blood and increasing its mobility.
3. Getting rid of the immense pain is a major part of the cure. For this, people normally use pain killers, which are more of pain givers than pain killers due to its side effects. So what you need is a safer way to reduce the pain. You can always go for Belladonna, a natural anesthetic, Rhus Tox, which is a plant that acts as a pain killer, or Naja, which runs directly to your nerves and reduces the pain.
4. A major part of every sense of tragedy in your life comes from your mind. Calming down is a very important part of getting over a pain. But when the pain is so bad, calming down is the last thing that comes into your mind. For this, you need anti-depressants such as a nice block of chocolate or some Ignatia plant which is a type of natural anti-depressants.
5. Lastly, you need to make these muscles move better. They have been jammed due to cramps. To do this you can use Cetyl Myristoleate, a type of natural lubricant and this is how you get rid of leg cramps.
When you look at the list above, you know it can’t be very fast. You should have thought about it before getting yourself a leg cramp. However, the good news is, a Health Institute has developed an ointment which is said to contain all the above mentioned substances. Do some online research and look for this ultimate product. Once you find it, you’ll never again in your entire life ask the question about how to get rid of leg cramps again.